Rockling with red pepper sauce
Updated: Jun 6
Rockling with Red pepper sauce
Ingredients (Serves 2)
2 rockling fillets or basa fillets
salt & pepper
2-3 tbsp flour
1-2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
Red pepper sauce :
1 large red pepper (capsicum)
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 cup extra virgin oil
salt & pepper
Making the roasted red pepper sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C degrees.
2. Set the peppers on a baking sheet, drizzle little olive oil, and roast until it colours
and skin blisters (about 35 to 40 minutes).
3. Remove the peppers from the oven and cover with a paper towel and allow to cool
for about 10 mins (this will assist in removing the skin easily). Remove the paper
towel, peel and seed the peppers. Cut the flesh into pieces.
4. In a blender or food processor, combine the roasted red pepper, crushed garlic,
vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until becoming smooth. Set aside.
1. Pat dry fish, season both sides with salt, pepper and flour.
2. Heat a large frying pan, add oil and butter on medium-high heat, add fish and fry
each side for 4-5 mins (depending on the thickness).
Spread red pepper sauce on the serving plate and lay each fish on top.
Garnish with parsley.
You will love the colour of this dish. You can also use codfish if available.
Enjoy with good bread and green vegetables such as broccoli and beans.