Updated: Jun 6
Ingredients: (5~6 servings)
600g pork fillet
2 tbsp oil
1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
150g mushrooms, cleaned and finely sliced
1/2 tin tomato, crushed
250ml/cc chicken stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup sour cream
finely chopped parsley
1. Cut the pork into thin strips and fry in batches (medium to high heat) with a
mixture of butter and oil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from
2. Fry the onion on medium heat in the same fat until lightly browned.
3. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Add the tomato, stock and seasoning and bring to boil.
5. Return the pork to the pan, cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes until the
meat is tender and the liquid has reduced by half.
6. Stir in the sour cream, bring back to the boil, and reduce heat to low.
Season to taste. Sprinkle with parsley.
Beef is also typically used for Stroganoff. You can also try different mushrooms
and cream and lemon instead of sour cream. Enjoy this delicious mushroom dish!