Ingredients (Serves 4)
300g chicken thigh fillets - cut in small
150g lean pork- cut in small square pieces
1 onion- cut in 1 cm square pieces
2 garlic cloves- peeled and finely chopped
10 mushrooms - cut into cubes or quarters
3 tbsp olive oil
400g tin of tomato-crushed
4 tbsp red wine
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
salt and black pepper
olive oil for drizzling
olive oil for drizzle
Serve with Parmesan cheese, parsley, and olives
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frypan over medium heat, then add onions & garlic
frying for around 6-7 minutes to soften.
2. Add chicken + pork, fry so that it colours, season with a pinch of salt and black
3. Add mushrooms and stir before you add the wine. Add wine, stir for around 1
minute to cook out the alcohol.
4. Add crushed tomato and herbs. Bring to the boiling point.
5. Simmer on low heat for 20~25 minutes (covered).
6. Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water as per packet instructions. Drain.
7. Plate the pasta, pour the sauce on top and sprinkle with grated parmesan and
Drizzle with olive oil. Serve with green salad and olives.
This is one of my favourite pasta sauces to cook.
I use different types of mushrooms and often use whatever is available, making
it interesting and results in a different flavour each time. You can also add some
chillies for some heat if you like.
Enjoy with excellent wine