Kangaroo Sausage Rolls
Check out Mum’s video here: https://youtu.be/QKXY7k0SNUU
500g kangaroo steak (to mince) or kangaroo mince.
1 small carrot- finely grated
1/2 red capsicum- finely grated and squeeze the liquid out
2~3 shallots- finely grated
2 garlic cloves- crushed
1 Tbsp of each herbs chop finely- parsley, thyme, rosemary, sage
1 tsp Dijon mustard
I tsp pimenton (Spanish smoked paprika)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
3 frozen sheets puff pastry
1 egg for brushing
Serve with tomato sauce and sweet chili sauce
Preheat oven to 200 degrees and prepare the baking trays.
1. Place kangaroo mince in a bowl, mix well with all the fillings
2. Place pastry sheet on a board and slice in half.
3. Spoon on 1/6 of mixture lengthways alone centre of each piece. Fold 1 edge of pastry over and tuck in beside filling, then fold over other side to make a roll, pressing down lightly to seal.
4. Cut rolls i into 6 pieces (or keep as big as you like). Cut two small incisions into each roll to prevent splitting.
5. Place on a baking tray (seam side down) brush with egg, sprinkle sesame seeds.
6. Bake for 25~30 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
7. Serve with tomato sauce and sweet chili sauce or your favourite sauce with green salad.
If you prefer you may use your processor to mix meat and vegetables.
If you can’t get some of the herbs or seasoning, you may use dry mixed herbs.
Written by Kumiko