Kangaroo Sausage Rolls
Updated: Jun 6, 2021
Check out Mum’s video here: https://youtu.be/QKXY7k0SNUU
500g kangaroo steak (to mince) or kangaroo
1 small carrot- finely grated
1/2 red capsicum- finely grated and squeeze
the liquid out
3 shallots- finely grated
2 garlic cloves- crushed
1 tbsp of each herbs chop finely- parsley,
thyme, rosemary, sage
1 tsp dijon mustard
I tsp pimenton (Spanish smoked paprika)
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
3 frozen sheets puff pastry
1 egg for brushing
serve with tomato sauce and sweet chili
Makes 36 small sausage rolls
Preheat the oven to 200°C and prepare the baking trays.
1. Place kangaroo mince in a bowl, mix well with all the fillings.
2. Place the pastry sheet on a board and slice in half.
3. Spoon on 1/6 of mixture lengthways along the centre of each piece. Fold 1
edge of pastry over and tuck in beside filling, then fold over the other side to
make a roll, pressing down lightly to seal.
4. Cut rolls into 6 pieces (or as big as you like). Cut two small incisions into each
roll to prevent splitting.
5. Place on a baking tray (seam side down), brush with egg, sprinkle sesame seeds.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.
7. Serve with tomato sauce and sweet chilli sauce or your favourite sauce with
a green salad.
If you prefer, you may use your processor to mix meat and vegetables.
If you can’t get some of the herbs or seasoning, you may use dry mixed herbs.