Ingredients for 2
2 dried noodles
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
1 chicken thigh fillet
1 /2 cucumber
a handful of bean sprouts
2 tsp sugar
6 Tbsp chicken stock
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tsp rice vinegar
2Tbsp cooking sake or water
dash of sesame oil
Mix all together and set aside.
1. Boil chicken thigh with a pinch of salt for 10~15 minutes. Cool down and cut in strips.
2. Egg omelette- whisk egg with pinch of salt. Heat 1 tsp oil in the small frying pan and pour egg mixture thinly and fry until done. Cut in stripes.
3. Wash cucumber, slice and cut in strips.
4. Wash bean sprouts and drain.
5. Now cook noodle as directed. Drain and cool the noodle in cold water. Drain , add 1 tsp salt and sesame oil and mix well.
6. Put noodle in the individual bowl. Arrange the toppings. Pour the dressing over the noodle.
Note: This is a popular dish in summer in Japan. You can put various toppings, like ham, tomato, so on. You can also adjust seasoning as your likings.
Enjoy this refreshing dish in warm days.
Written by Kumiko