Updated: Jun 6, 2021
Ingredients for 2
2 cakes of dried noodles
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
1 chicken thigh fillet
1 /2 cucumber
handful of bean sprouts
2 tsp sugar
6 tbsp chicken stock
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp cooking sake or water
dash of sesame oil
mix all together and set aside.
1. Boil chicken thigh with a pinch of salt for 10-15 minutes. Cool the chicken
and cut in strips.
2. For the egg omelette, whisk the egg with a pinch of salt. Heat 1 tsp oil in the
small frying pan and pour egg mixture thinly, and fry until done. Cut in strips.
3. Wash cucumber, slice and cut in strips.
4. Wash bean sprouts and drain.
5. Now cook noodle as directed. Drain and cool the noodle in cold water. Drain
and add 1 tsp salt and sesame oil and mix well.
6. Put noodle in the individual bowl. Arrange the toppings. Pour the dressing
over the noodle.
This is a popular dish in summer in Japan. You can put various toppings, such
as ham and tomato etc. You can also adjust seasoning as your likings.
Enjoy this refreshing dish on warm days.
Written by Kumiko