Chicken with mushroom sauce Vienna style and pilaf
2 pieces of Chicken breast fillets
Salt, black pepper & garlic powder
1 1/2 Tbsp plain flour
1Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp white wine
For mushroom sauce
1/4 onion-finely chopped
120g mushrooms- slice thinly
11/2 plain flour
I Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp butter
250ml chicken stock
Salt and black pepper
For the Pilaf
300g rice- wash rice thoroughly and dry in a colander for 1 hour before cooking
400 ml Chicken stock
3 Tbsp Butter
1/2 onion- finely chopped
a pinch of salt
a handful frozen peas
Parsley for garnish
1. Cut breast chicken in 4 pieces to make 8 pieces. Season both sides with salt, black pepper and garlic powder, then sprinkle flour.
2. Heat a frying pan, add oil, butter and fry chicken on medium heat until a little browned, turn once, cook for another 2 mins, and then add wine and quickly put the lid on and turn off the heat – Set aside to rest.
3. For the mushroom sauce, first heat another frying pan, add oil and butter. Fry onion on low heat for 5 minutes and then add the mushrooms. Fry until they become softer and add flour, then add chicken stock and bring to boil. Add sauce to the pan that the chicken is resting in and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes (keeping the lid on).
4. While the chicken simmers away, make the pilaf. Start by warming up the chicken stock.
5. Heat butter in a frying pan, lower the heat, add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add rice, fry until transparent on the medium low heat. Add stock and bring to boil, then lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
7. Blanche the Peas in boiling water while the pilaf cooks.
Serve rice, chicken on the plate with peas.
You can use any kind of mushroom.You can enjoy this dish with rice, mash potatoes or bread and add some green vegetables and salad.