Chicken with barbecue style sauce
Updated: Jun 6, 2021
Ingredients: 2 large chicken thigh fillets or 4 small ones
Preparing the chicken:
1 tbsp Japanese cooking wine (sake) or
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp corn flour
For pan frying the chicken:
2 tbsp cooking oil
3 tbsp cooking wine (sake) or white wine
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp cooking wine (sake) or white wine
1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp sugar
Serves 2 Method: 1. First, prepare the sauce mixture- mix all ingredients in a small bowl (set
aside as we will use this later).
2. Now prepare the marinade for chicken- mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Prepare the salad.
4. For the chicken, flatten by making it even- make a tiny cut of thicker parts
and place in a shallow plate or bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken and
let sit for around 5 mins.
5. Crack the egg into a bowl, stir and then add chicken, mix well. Once coated
with the egg, add cornflour and mix through thoroughly coating well.
6. Heat 2 tbsp oil to a large fry pan on high heat, place chicken skin side down
and fry for 2 minutes or until nice and golden. Turn the other side and cook
7. Now reduce the heat to low, add the wine and cover immediately with a lid.
Cook for 5-6 minutes.
8. Now turn up the heat to medium, remove the lid, add the sauce mixture and
coat all sides turning the chicken a couple of times.
9. Cut in strips and serve with salad, vegetable and rice – Serve hot.
This dish is delicious with all the secret seasoning. Make sure to set the right
heat temperature to get an excellent result. Enjoy the mixture of Japanese
and western taste with beer, cider or nice wine. Written by Kumiko