Updated: Jun 6
The video for Ankake Ramen is ready to watch here -> https://youtu.be/57WUxX3BFAY
Ingredients 2 packets or 200g ramen noodles
100g chicken breast fillet, cut in 5 cm long
strips marinated with 1 tbsp grated ginger,
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine, 1 tbsp corn
flour or Japanees katakuriko (potato flour)
4 dried shitake mushrooms- soak in hot
water for 30 minutes- cut in strips
1 stalk of celery- cut in 5 cm strips
50g tin of bamboo shoots- cut in 5 cm strips
1 egg slightly whisked
For the soup:
4 cups of chicken stock
2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
3-4 tbsp soy sauce (Kikkoman)
1-2 tsp salt
pinch of five spice powder
3-4 tbsp corn flour or katakuriko mix with
3-4 tbsp water
Serves 2 Method 1. In a large wok or saucepan, pour in the stock and heat up until boiling point.
2. Add marinated chicken pieces, separate quickly and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Skim off the fat on the surface and add mushrooms and bamboo shoots.
3. Add cooking wine, soy sauce, salt, five-spice and black pepper.
Adjust the seasonings.
4. Stir katakuriko or cornflour. Keep stirring until the soup thickened.
5. Stir egg, mix quickly and add celery. Turn the heat off.
6. Boil the noodles as per instructions, drain, and transfer to serving bowls.
7. Pour into the top of the noodle on the bowls. Serve immediately.
This Ramen has been a staple for our family and is our favourite noodle dish.
Especially in winter we often cook this to warm up our body and mind.
Using your homemade stock is the best, but you can use the ready-made stock
from the shop. (You may wish to reduce the amount of soy sauce and salt)
Written Kumiko Sawa